Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Deco project update

Our bedroom decoration hasn't been a priority in our very busy lives...actually it has been on the verge of being neglected for a longer time that is advisable.

I know how much of an impact in your mood and well being, a little of color and art can cause, so at some point, "operation bedroom" had to be started.

I got some nice canvases on sale and after some weeks and some book browsing I've settled on my artwork idea.


I wanted a big size, calm, warm piece of artwork with a touch of vibrant orange, which is the color that has the better impact in my mood (and my husband's too it seems)

I set to work, on the (covered) living room table, with my kids playing around. Sounds easy but painting with 2 little boys around hasn't been even thinkable until only recently, so that's one of the most enjoyable aspects of this little project.

Layer one: simple and fast- totally humble and unambitious.


And then, one day after, several layers of white.


Resulting in a happy bedroom, a very satisfied girl and the great feeling of having been able to produce something nice while working close to my kids!


A little addition to this deco project is coming soon! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love these. That white against the bright shades of orange and yellow makes them "pop." Relaxing yet stimulating! :)

    ReplyDelete