Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A question for you



Ok, I have a question for you.
I've been pondering about my packaging design for a time now. I'm playing with ideas that are both visually interesting and efficient in terms of mailing.

Something that came to me recently and made total sense for a while was to use newspaper for my packaging.

Since my prime material is recycled newspaper, for a day or two I've considered the newspaper little package brilliant. Ecofriendly and a true statement.

Then I had a couple of not-so-great reactions from close friends.

I thought I'd share the question here: Newspaper for my jewelry packaging yes or no?
(Let me add that this little package will go into a nice manila envelope for mailing)


Is the newspaper a statement you'd appreciate for recycled paper jewelry or will it shock you as too coarse and raw?

Your opinions are truly welcome and will help me with my creative efforts!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Meli,
    Thank you for trusting my and other's opinions. Personally, I would not vote for newspaper. your jewellery is so beautiful in texture and colour that the packaging has to reflect that. I understand why you have had this idea though. How about textured recycled paper in great colours? or recycled tissue paper if there is anything like that... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meli,

    I agree with Tamar that newspaper wouldn't be the best representation for your jewelry. I love pretty, bright colored packaging. It sets the tone for the gift inside. Your jewelry deserves better!! Keep up the great work! -Nikki

    ReplyDelete