Thursday, June 30, 2011

Mademoiselles Equinox

Here are my dear little ladies. It took me a long time to finish them. I grabbed them and leave them in between other projects but it seems they're complete now.











The name came spontaneously, without "thinking". When I read more about the Equinox, it was interesting to realize that it implies the same duration of day and night. That clearly speaks to me of the black and white balance in them.

That's the way the dolls work in me, for me, from me. Intuitive association, creative thinking, connecting the conscious and unconscious, bringing elements that I found outside, and pulling elements from my inside, that I'm sometimes not aware of.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. i love these ladies. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! These are beautiful, Melina! I just love all of the detail in them. The clothing looks so real. This must have taken you a very long time to complete!

    What are you planning to do with them??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christina, I'm in a doll frenzy! If you like these stay tuned! A few really pretty ones are coming very soon!
    Now to your blog to see what youre up!

    ReplyDelete