Monday, July 11, 2011

Dolls, dolls, dolls

" You always go back to your first love"
That's a saying in Spanish (in English too?).

Drawing little women is my start in the world of art, creation and self expression, and I have to say, doll making is in full mode these days in my life. A bunch of new creatures populated my working table recently. And the fresh impulse to make dolls made me revisit old ones made some ten years ago.

Since my old page, where I had some of my past work is unavailable, I've decided to load those pictures in Flickr and I've really enjoyed connecting back with them.

I want to show you all my new stuff, but first, I'd like to post a series of my old little creatures. All of them done in 2001, 2002 and 2003. Just before immigrating to Canada. Just before my paper business got successful and I've had to slow down the doll making. Just before Mothering, that turned my world upside down.

So please, accompany me to this little tour that I'll break in several posts:

"Old Dolls Revisited"

Today, with you:

"Way to the Altar"





"Ay"




"Alicia"




More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment