Saturday, December 10, 2011

Almost Winter

It's not yet oficially winter, 11 more days until the solstice, but all the signs of winter are here.

Contrary to the South Hemisphere where the mix of Christmas and heat drives people excited and frantic, Winter and Christmas, envelopes me here with a atmosphere of slowness and calm. Especially being Jewish I don't need to worry too much about rituals and present, only enjoy the beauty around me.

I'm spending my days working a bit. Here're some fresh pieces that I haven't shared in a while



I'm cooking the heart and belly warming foods of winter (and belly fattening I should add!)

Argentinean empanadas (recipe from my Mother in law: simply delicious and so easy that it's guilty to confess you can make them in minutes)


And spinach gnocchi. So yummy! I've taken the initial recipe from Delicious Days, a favorite food blog and repeated it many times with yam instead of spinach.


I've spent the mornings of the past week walking around in the city. In places I love but I never go. This is an extraordinary luxury of time that I rarely allow myself. Always deeply attached to real and not so real duties and job to do. But taking advantage to the less busy time of the year with my stationery company, the real job, I simply let myself have fun.

Having more free time to feel and think and experience, has taken me to the shores of a place I know well but seldom visit: the Island of Deep Water of Renewal. It's an inner retreat. For the heart and soul. Oh how I've missed my Island! I haven't realized that until this week I found myself unplugged and alone with my thoughts. Sunshine on my face, in a very cold morning, walking on Venables street. :)

And here: two beautiful gnomes that like to sit almost on top of the fireplace every morning.



We're going to the Aquarium this afternoon. The Aquarium in Vancouver is wonderful and the favorite thing in the world for my kids at the moment are Octopuses, Jellyfish and Sea Creatures.

I've gotten them this for Christmas. Or more exactly: Santa is bringing them for Hanukah...ehem... (we've settled on that mix)


I know they'll be a super hit and I almost want to give them to them now!

Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment