Sunday, December 18, 2011

In Seattle

A few days in Seattle. A trip away from home is usually very inspiring. The change of perspective always seems to trigger my curiosity first, my creativity then, and third comes an irresistible urge to create, to try, to listen, to read what I've encountered in my way.

And I don't need to go too far to find inspiration.

While Theo and Mica play beautifully around me, deep into a world of baby animals and monsters of all sorts I'll recapitulate my findings on this trip.



The work of Carol Farrow. I saw her spoons on the wall of a small design shop and simply fell in love. Later I googled her and I found out her medium is paperclay and handmade paper. I got impressed and inspired to say the least.


Tiny Houses by Jay Shafer. How I wish I have one! Some day... This is not something from Seattle but a book that I've brought with me.

And mostly, the company of my dear girlfriends, Ingrid and Amy.

So really nurturing for my heart and soul to be around these extraordinary women!

Cheers for now! A quiet evening of turkey baguette sandwiches and a movie awaits us. Small pleasures!



1 comment:

  1. Your trip sounds like it was lovely. I've seen Jay Shafer's book too and agree with you... a tiny space would definitely pare life down to the essentials! You know I'm off to google Carol Farrow... but first, let me wish you all the best for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete