Saturday, July 12, 2014

More The la Plata pieces


I keep building a collection for my other shop : The la Plata

My new pieces are what I call a "Modern Folk" This is my personal distillation of the Folk art of different parts of the world. I'm using the sediments of what's in my mind...I'm not doing particular research...just bringing what I've seen, what I've felt, what I've been attracted to for over 20 years and letting it come out as clay pieces, shapes, color combinations.

Some metal color pieces are coming up too. Soon to be revealed.

Most of the pieces want to be worn together. In groups of 2 or 3. Layers, color + metallic together...so many new things are coming up.








I'm using a lot of elements to create this pieces. It's really a creative adventure. The most unthinkable little elements will offer a new shape. I look at my surroundings with fresh eyes...what can yield an interesting shape? I browse in my brain back up for muted, earthy color combinations.

These are pieces I wear every day...My own aesthetic preference is manifested.

Much more to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment